Taunton’s Farmers Market 2013.
The Heart of Taunton, in partnership with the First Parish Church, is taking the Taunton’s Farmers Market to a new level in 2013.
Thanks to Reverend Christana McKnight and the First Parish Church, to allow the Taunton’s Farmers Market to continue to use the First Parish Churches grounds for our local market. And, if that wasn’t enough, Rev. Christana as committed herself, the church and it’s staff to help manage the market.
We are setting hefty goals for this years market, and here are some of the highlights:
- Changed the Farmers Market day to Sunday from 11AM to 2PM. This will permit a higher attendance by farmers and local shoppers.
- Increased the amount of slots available to farmers, crafters, and local artisans.
- Created a new website dedicated to local farmers, and heating healthy. (coming soon recipes from local farmers, and heath conscious chefs).
Our major goals this years has been to increase the amount of vendors, variety of products, and quantity of products available to purchase; while maintaining the quality expected of a local farmers market.
Why the focus on local farmers?
There are several reasons why we should consider shopping a local farmers market, but most local produce is:
- Healthier, organic and natural;
- Cheaper and Fresher;
- And supports the local economy.
With economic cuts and budgetary constrains put in place, farmers see their needed subsidies and grants reduced, affecting especially smaller local farmers. Farmers markets are a great venue to increase the supply of local produce.
Help support our local farmers and come join us every Sunday from 11AM to 2PM, starting July 7th to October 27th. Eat healthier and cheaper, and enjoy the amazing work of our local farmers, crafters, and artisans.
For more information visit us at: http://www.tauntonfarmersmarket.org